Others researching this line:
1. As noted in North Carolinians to
2. On Feb. 8, 1808, Stephen Vickers was one of several chosen to find a good site for the new Laurens Co., GA courthouse. (Laurens Co. GA History Book)
3. August 2, 1815, Georgia Journal Newspaper, "Sold on the courthouse
steps on the 1st Tuesday in September next, at the courthouse in
4. Stephen Vickers purchased items from the estate of Abraham Vickers of which the administrators are Hardy and Nathan, in Pulaki Co., GA March 12, 1824.
5. I'm not sure of the identity here but it seems to fit. Georgia Genealogical Gems, Nat'l Gen. Soc., 1981, p. 62,: The year 1842: refers to an Elizabeth Brown who married a Stephen Vickers and moved out of state over 20 years previous. The parents, brothers & sisters of Elizabeth Brown Vickers are given.
6. Three more notes, again I'm not sure of the exact relationship but there
might be a relationship since they also come from the Darlington Dist of SC
about the same time as Stephen:
Georgia Journal Milledgeville, 5/14/1822: Vincent E. Vickers married Miss Sarah H. Jowell of Milledgeville on 4/25/1822.
Macon Telegraph Macon, 5/26/1828 records: Captain Vincent Ellis Vickers, age 36, dies on May 12, 1828. A native of SC but lived in Milledgeville, Baldwin Co., Ga since 1807.
A Mrs. Nancy Vickers, b. 1739 or 1749, also dies in 1828, is said to have moved to Milledgeville from the Darlington Dist. of SC in 1806.
Henry Co., AL 1829, Henry Co.,
1830 Henry Co., AL Census
p. 312, Joel Vickers, 1M60-70, 1M15-20, 1M10-15, 1M5-10, 1F50-60, 3F20-30, 1F15-20.
p. 312, Jacob Vickers, 1M50-60, 1M20-30, 1F50-60, 2F10-15, 9 slaves.
p. 312, Stephen Vickers, 1M20-30, 1F20-30.
p. 324, Samuel Vicars, 1M30-40, 1M-5, 1F20-30, 3F-5.
p. 324, Young Vicars, 1M40-50, 1M5-10, 1F40-50, 1F10-15, 2 slaves.
p. 324, Riley Stokes
p. 325, Elizabeth Hatcher
p. 326, Jesse Vickers, 1M20-30, 2M5-10, 2M-5, 1F50-60, 1F20-30.
1840 Henry Co., AL Census
p. 154, Martha Vickers, 2M20-30, 1M15-20, 1F60-70, 1F20-30.
p. 157, Martha Vickers, 1M50-60, 2M20-30, 1M15-20, 1F70-80, 1F20-30, 2 slaves.
p. 173, Jesse Vickers, 1M30-40, 1M15-20, 1M10-15, 1M5-10, 1F30-40, 1F5-10.
Return to Home Page
Kelly G. Vickers, 50 Trembly Bald Drive, Toccoa, GA 30577
Phone (706) 886-0012 Email email@example.com